Wednesday, July 21, 2010

:: cracking eggshells ::

I like giving lil man natural things to play with. So, after our scrambled egg breakfast I washed the eggshells and set them on the high chair tray. I thought this might be an interesting fine motor/sensory experience. Lil man (13 months) uses a booster chair now so the high chair has become his designated play station. Easier for clean up. 

I originally took video of this activity but he was in nothing but a saggy diaper next to a garbage bag on the deck waiting to be put in the trash can. He played really well cracking the eggs into tiny little pieces until he got distracted by some unplugged electrical chords. Watching that was just wrong on so many levels. 

Anyway, here are some photos of J playing with the eggshells:


Aftermath:


And the rest goes into the compost. 

:)

1 comment:

  1. My nephew Wyatt would love doing this - but I better get a whole dozen out!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails