Monday, November 1, 2010

the car wash

I think every child I've ever known has owned one of those Little Tikes covered cars. J is no exception, although I was fortunate to get ours used from a friend whose son had outgrown it. J likes to sit in his and watch Sesame Street. He also likes to use my old ipod as a car phone (although I have to add, I don't drive and talk on the phone):


Anyway, I thought it would be fun for J to wash his car. I handed him at wet rag and he knew just what to do. He began by getting in and washing the interior with such seriousness and intent, I was shocked!


The next day I thought it might be nice for him to have a bucket of suds. While I was filling the bucket with water I added a dab of dish detergent. After the bucket was full, I tipped the bucket spilling out all the water leaving behind only the suds. If I was outside and it was warm I would have let him get everything as wet as he pleased but this activity occurred on my living room carpet, hence my prudence.


I gave him his rag and he was delighted to have "bubbahs." 


This is now his new favorite activity and I have to replace the "bubbahs" every 10 minutes or so!

The end!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails